Essence Internship Program
|Essence Communications Inc. Summer Internship is a 9-week paid learning process where you’ll receive on the job training that will enhance your education and begin to prepare you for your future career. Positions are available in both the Publishing and Editorial departments.
You are eligible to apply if:
1. You are currently pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
2. You are in strong academic standing.
3. You have a passion for paid content and the Essence brand.
4. You are focused on the media industry as your career choice.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online by January 14, 2011. All applications must be in one file containing the following (MS Word or PDF):
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered.
300-word personal statement answering the following two questions:
What do you hope to gain from an internship with Time Inc.? What are your long-term career goals and how would an internship at Time Inc. help to advance those goals?
- Two or Three Writing Samples are required for Editorial Intern Candidates Only(published work strongly preferred).
Photo/Design Portfolio Sample Submission Process Only
|Only Photo/Design Portfolio Samples will be accepted at the address below. Photo/Design work cannot be submitted on CD or disk and cannot be returned. Your resume and personal statement must be submitted online.
Along with your Photo/Design Samples, please include your:
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, we will not be able to confirm individual applications. Additionally, only students selected for an interview will be notified.