SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
OTJ- Software Engineering Jobs United States – Virginia – Arlington
Rosetta Stone, creator of the award-winning language-learning software, continues to experience over a decade of uninterrupted growth; Inc. Magazine lists Rosetta Stone among the fastest-growing private companies in the United States. An industry leader based in Arlington, Va., Rosetta Stone has offices in Harrisonburg, Va., Boulder, Colo., London, and Tokyo, with over 100 retail locations in North America. Rosetta Stone brings together innovative professionals from across the globe to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages.
The Rosetta Stone software development department is a rapidly expanding group of talented, innovative, energetic developers with various interesting backgrounds. Developers work on 5-9 member Agile development teams that have the freedom to solve problems in their own creative ways. Interns work with the developers to gain experience in real-world software development. The Rosetta Stone culture encourages creativity, fun, and new ideas from all employees. Our mission is to create the world’s best technology-based language learning solutions. If you want to learn from talented developers and build your resume while having fun and challenging yourself, this position may be for you.
· Work with a cross-functional team in an Agile software development environment
· Apply the knowledge gained in your degree program to assist software development teams in any way you can
· Collaborate with software professionals on coding and testing tasks
· Learn the best practices of professional software developers
· Demonstrate your potential as a Rosetta Stone Software Developer
* Experience writing object-oriented code
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and application domains
* Ability to develop elegant solutions to complex problems
* Excellent technical communication skills
* Enrolled in a software-related degree program or possess similar experience
Preferred Skills and/or Education
* Experience with multiple object-oriented languages
* Experience with design patterns
* Experience with Adobe Flex and ActionScript 3
Rosetta Stone, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.