Okay, so another college year is in the bag and
summer is on the horizon. Hopefully, that
doesn’t mean it’s time to relax and chill, for the
young & driven, it’s time to invest in their
career. That’s right, it’s internship time, Urban Professor members are doing college and
mapping their careers at the same time, in our best ‘Future” voice might we add. Stay
focused, tighten up your resume’s and don’t miss out on this excellent internship
opportunity to intern with one of the fashion industry’s most premier portfolio of
brands, Perry Ellis International.
Deadline: May 31st, 2012
MENSWEAR DESIGN SUMMER ’12 INTERNSHIP – School Credit Only
Internship Location – New York, NY
The intern will learn the design process from concept to final design.
- work together with different depts. (Design, Merchandising,
etc) to create a line in the apparel industry
- the student will learn the importance of merchandising and
it’s integral relationship to design
- create CAD’s on NedGraphics and sketch/artwork on Illustrator
- understand fabric and garment construction in wovens and knits
- create presentation boards
- develop strong sense of color
At the end of the internship, the student will be do a final presentation on the concept/line presentation
for the brand’s fall 2013 line.
- Fashion Design students, preferably Menswear
- Able to show a portfolio, and samples of work in menswear
- Must know how to draw flats by hand and computer
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and up for a good challenge
- Available 3 full days per week
- Must be able to get school credit/the internship is unpaid
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 31st.
U DEFINE SUCCESS